Wednesday 1 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights our eagerly-anticipated reads.  And for this week, here's mine:

Title: Altered
Author: Jennifer Rush
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Released: 2nd January 2013

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.


Summary taken from GoodReads

Lately I've been reading a bit more of the sci-fi stuff and the idea of genetically altered boys intrigues me; it's sounds quite sad as well.  Also interesting to note is that I just read a book with an Anna and Sam and really enjoyed it! Talk about coincidence.  I wasn't sure about the cover initially but I think it kinda works.

What about you?  What are you waiting for this week?

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait for this book! Sounds epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story sounds really good and I'm not a huge sci-fi fan. I love the cover! HOT BOY=YUM! Great pick Aa'Ishah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so cool that you recently read a book with the same character names!!!! This is the first time i heard of this book and it sounds awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick Aa'Ishah! This book sounds really interesting! I hope you enjoy this book with another Anna and Sam too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmigosh, the HOT guy on the cover... ;) Yes please!!! I haven't read a lot of sci-fi but this sounds totally promising - genetically altered boys?! Hopefully it will live up to its cover ;)

    Fab pick Aa'Ishah <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cover for this. ;) You're right, this book sounds great! Anything with a sci-fi aspect usually has my attention, so I look forward to reading this. Great pick, Aa'Ishah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the concept behind this story and it's been a long time since I read a good sci-fi book, so I'm really looking forward to this one! Great pick! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fascinating. The idea of genetically altered boys also intrigues me ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALTERED. WITH THE HOT BOY COVER AND THE SCI-FI AND THE GROUP OF ESCAPEES ON THE RUN AND THE... yeah, this book sounds effing AWESOME. I love sci-fi reads!

    Cannot wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard too much about this one but it sounds great!!! The cover is awesome and YAY for science fiction! Awesome choice :-) I am definitely looking forward to it's release!!! Thanks for sharing. Lovely blog design!!!

    Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm freaking DYING to read this!! It sounds SO awesomeee and OMG. THAT COVER. IS. SO. H.O.T!!! Hahaaaa the most recent book with a character named Anna was "Sweet Evil" and I immediately thought of that when I read it! hahaa<3 Anywayyy AWESOME pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO excited for this as well! And I've been so busy lately that I didn't notice your new header!!! The book, the window, the stars... gah, it's SO gorgeous and dreamy and perfect! Absolutely love it, A! Did you make it yourself? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! I read every one and do my best to visit your blog in return. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Please note that this blog is now an award-free zone. I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately I just don't have the time anymore.